Over the weekend, the sun finally decided to show itself so I immediately went loose in the kitchen.
It’s really hard to create recipes for KF in the winter months because there is always a lack of sun. I’m also limited to weekends only for blog photos as by the time I get home from work in the evenings, its pretty much dark.
Did I ever mention how I’m such a summer girl ?? Ha!
Recently I’ve been dying for fruit. It truly sucks not being able to go out and buy fresh fruit from the local store I really can’t wait for summer. Summer is the best. But I’m not here to complain about winter, I’m here to show off my latest main dish; Citrus Couscous Salmon.
Couscous topped with salmon topped with slivered almonds and sliced oranges. Yes, it’s that easy!
Remember, I like simple. I don’t like screwing around with 1000000 ingredients. I like the least amount of ingredients. This way I find theres so much more real falvour. Take this meal for example. Baked salmon topped on couscous. Using plain salmon gives this dish such a great juicy salmon flavour. Then added orange slices which brings a citrus flavour into the salmon and couscous. Finally, topped with almonds.
- 4 (4oz) Salmon
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 medium Orange
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Prepare couscous as per package directions.
- Brush oil evenly over each salmon and place on baking tray.
- Bake salmon at 350F for 12 - 20 minutes (depending how you like your salmon cooked) on middle rack, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice orange into small bite sized pieces.
- When salmon is fully cooked, serve on couscous topped with orange chunks and silvered almonds.
This is one of those recipes that comes together so quickly and presents extremely well. Having guests for dinner? This is the perfect dish to serve.
Don’t like salmon? Then skip it! The best part about this dish is it will work with any protein; chicken, beef, pork or any other type of fish! Whatever your little heart desires!