This past weekend was brutal.
I didn’t even leave my house on Sunday because it’s too damn cold to do anything.
It hasn’t been any warmer than -20 degrees celsius since like last week, and with the wind chill everyday it’s like -35 celsius.
I’m totally ready for a vacation.
Since I didn’t want to escape my heated house yesterday I didn’t have much on hand for fresh vegetables. Broccoli & tomatoes….
A great idea came to me, which is like the absolute perfect “pack for your lunch” meal.
I always have a ton of pasta on hand…so I went a little macaroni crazy yesterday.
Either way. It’s good.
- Pam non stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Whole Grain Bread Crumbs
- 3 cups Whole Grain Macaroni Pasta
- 1 cup grated part skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 small chopped Tomato
- Cook pasta as per package directions.
- Chop broccoli into small bite sized pieces and boil for 3 - 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl toss bread crumbs, grated cheese, tomato & broccoli. Stir well.
- When pasta is fully cooked, drain & add to bread crumb mixture. Stir well.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out macaroni mixture into muffin tray, filling each to the top.
- Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes - or until golden brown.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool.
I’m sure this recipe would work just fine if you don’t want to use breadcrumbs. I on the other hand am piratically swimming in bread crumbs right now. I made a like 3 big bowls full a few weeks ago….so why not toss them in everything, like this & this! lolz!